Saturday, June 5, 2010

June 6, 2010
Since coming home from the hospital, I am capable of sleeping with lights on, tv blasting, sun in my face, sitting up, without covers or a pillow and as Grace has reminded me and anyone who has come around today-- "while Michael's pump is ringing for an hour this morning!!" (at 4am mind you.)

Since coming home from the hospital, I've realized how much crummy cafeteria food I was eating each day.

Since coming home from the hospital, I recognize how much help it was to have the nurses give Michael's meds. We have three rows of medications and a 2 page list we were sent home with. The older kids check off each as I administer them otherwise it could get quite confusing.

Since coming home from the hospital, the affirmation that I have great neighbors in a great neighborhood in a great house is reaffirmed. We have had so many stop by to check in re: Michael. And, My Word!, they mowed my lawn and weeded my flower beds while we were away! I couldn't gave asked for more.

Since coming home from the hospital, I realize how messed up my back and my shoulder are.

Since coming home from the hospital, I am so so grateful to have all my kids together. It was too long to be gone and we all felt it. I am so lucky to have such great kids that are not only understanding but caring and loving and smart and wonderful individuals that missed their Mom almost as much as she missed them as well as missing their little brother.

Since coming home from the hospital, I could not feel more gratitude that my youngest is home and on the fast track to health. He is starting to sit up, he laughs and asks for food. His cheeks are growing in kissable size and his belly is no longer concave. He has more energy and more joy! After such a long, scary and difficult battle what a blessing it is to have him home and well!

No comments: