Friday, October 5, 2007

Crafty Gracie


While it is technically Verl's weekend, Grace came over and spent the night with me. We had a really nice time together. Lexis went with her friends to eat dinner and see a movie, Noah and Verl went to play Laser Tag and so Grace came over with me! Michael had gone to bed early and so then the two of us snuggled next to each other on the couch and I helped Grace sew a purse to hold her Bunny she got at school today. Her teacher has set up a "store" in their classroom and the kids earn "money" by completing assignments, behaving, that sort of thing. The items in the store are mostly toys that the students have brought in to donate to it and so you can imagine some of the choices. Grace, herself, went down in the basement and gathered up a bag full of toys she "didn't want anymore" to donate. It included a monkey that Sophie loved to play with, a coloring book which had only a few pages not colored and Noah's Rescue Ranger guy! So, anyway, today Grace was able to buy something from the store and so she came home with a pink stuffed bunny wearing bunny slippers and when you press it's tummy it sings, "Jesus loves me this is know..." She loves it, was carrying it around with her everywhere today and that is where her idea for making a purse to carry the bunny in came from. We cut out a piece of fleece from some fabric I got to make Lexis a blanket and then Grace chose a few different colors of embroidery floss and sitting down next to each other I showed her how to stitch up the sides and she took off. She wanted to add a pocket and we did! We braided the purse handle with three strips of fleece and attached that to the purse as well. She really did to it herself! The best part was obviousley that she and I got to spend time together just the two of us oh, and, of course the fact that every once in a while she would just look up at me and say, "I love you, Mom!" I LOVE YOU TOO GRACE!

No comments: