Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grace-ism's...

This morning Grace set the alarm for 6:45am. She wanted to get up extra early so that she might finish her drawing. Her school is having a contest where the winner's sketch becomes the cover for next year's Rock Canyon school folder. She was motivated to win and came up with a really great design All On Her Own! (Shame on me for not taking a picture of it before it went off to school...) Since Michael decided his night was over at 3am, my head was still spinning when Grace came into my room for our wake-up call. She said that she too was still sleepy and explained in great detail her difficulty in climbing down her bunk bed ladder after the alarm went off. She let me know that she "CREATED QUITE THE SHAMBLES."
I'm not making this stuff up. These are the exact words that came out of my darling 9 year old's mouth. Grace-ism for the day! Or if we are lucky- and we generally are--Grace-ism for this morning!

No comments: