Monday, March 9, 2009

Unicorns and old, old, Old Fairy Godmothers

There I was minding my own business, sunglasses on, tapping my fingers to the music, waiting for the light to turn green when I take a look at my reflection in the mirror.
See, we had gotten up extremely early after not having slept more than a few hours throughout the night before (Michael didn't sleep AT ALL)
and were off to Lexis' volleyball tournament. I had managed a shower and then put my hair up hoping it would dry somewhat by the time we reached Kaysville at 8:00am. I wasn't overly optimistic about the possible end results of my so-called hairdo which is exactly why I was checking it out in the mirror
and Then There IT Was...
A GRAY HAIR!
About an inch long and sticking straight out like my own little version of a unicorn's horn! I immediately needed a closer look!
Could it really be? Is this for real? Am I really that darn old?
I was tempted with the idea to pull it out immediately!
And then I thought, if I did would it then become a figment of my imagination. Are their really unicorns? Does Rainbow Brite really fly on moonbeams and Fairy Godmothers turn ratty clothes into haute couture gowns?
I texted Carly my disbelief and was forced to drive on as the light turned green.
My day's perfect example that the world does not stop just because life hits me over the head with a lovely, black baby grand piano from the sky!
Overly dramatic? Yes!
But the whereabouts of that gray hair two days after noting it's existence?
Still attached to my head...

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Clearly something is in the water at OUR house, not just because my silver fox but I have a TON of gray hair too! I pull out ALL my grays! At least monthly I go through and search for them. I figure I'm never gonna thin my hair and I don't like them!

Erica said...

Really,sister? I have found only one thus far but BOY! did it throw me...