Friday, May 15, 2009

Soccer player Grace

Grace got aggressive with another player on the soccer field during their game today and they ended up colliding-- Grace twisting her ankle. It really hurt and so I sat with her off the field. Her beautiful eyes turned bright green reflecting off the red of her cheeks and the green of her jersey and I snapped a picture of her to show her the own sweet loveliness.
She told me that she was basically body checking the girl on the other team and it made the other player mad. This player told Grace to stop as they fought for the ball and when Grace told her (quite adamantly direct, I am sure) that you could do "this" the other player fought back enough to step on the side of Grace's foot twisting her ankle and Grace went down. Little stinker is lucky there were others around cause this Mama knows how to body check too when one of my babies is involved :) Grace sat out for the last few minutes of the game and still their team won. The soccer season is now over and Grace did great! She plays hard and tough and can most often be found on the defensive side of the field. I am proud of her and her determination and spirit!

No comments: