Monday, November 24, 2008

Braces Off!


This is Lexis happy!
Happy that she has a fresh, new smile!
And annoyed that her mother insisted on capturing the entire afternoon on film!
Today Lexis got her braces off!
She has been counting down for some time now--realistically I think she would say since the first week she had them on. It has been a long process and her patience has been aptly tested. I say she passed with flying colors!
Getting the braces off was a surprisingly (at least from my point of view) easy process. I videotaped the whole thing--which she didn't love-- and will post that soon along with this post. For some reason Lexis concluded that her lying back in the dentist's chair, mouth wide, dentist hovering over with cold, metal object in hand wouldn't make the most entertaining home movie but I disagreed and recorded on.
Her smile is wonderfully beautiful!
While she will have to wear retainers for some time still her mouth is metal free.
A big day!

No comments: