Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dentist Appointment

Michael went to the dentist today. He had 4 cavities! A lot better than I was thinking after 4 years of drinking a bottle non-stop. The Dr was really great. Very consciousness of his needs. Michael sat straddling my lap and then the Dr laid Michael's head back onto his own lap to check out his teeth. He fought with the 'things' in his mouth but overall did well. His Dr took only minutes to check it out. We have scheduled for an appointment at the Surgical Center in Salt Lake next week to have his teeth taken care of. I am quite nervous about Michael going under. I wonder if they will give him the "regular dose" for a child his size and he'll end up waking up in fits a few minutes in. He has such an amazingly strong tolerance to medication. This will have to be something I make clear when we go in. Having his teeth fixed can only help in his behaviors. Taking care of that pain that must be bothering him with cavities. I'm crossing fingers.

No comments: