Monday, February 2, 2009

Grace and Mama on the town to Celebrate 9 years!

Grace and I got to go on a date together Monday night. Just the two of us! We were celebrating Grace's 9th Birthday and Mama surprised Grace with this alone time that she really seems to treasure.
We headed to dinner first. Grace blind folded herself with my scarf--funny girl! We sat across from each other at the restaurant and shared our dinners back and forth. Mama's tacos were the hit. The staff sang a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" and brought her a yummy chocolate shake. When I forgot my card in the car, Grace ran out to get it. The car was parked directly across from the windows our table was set against and on her way back in, Grace stood on the walk waving both hands high in the air at me through the glass. That's my girl!
Next we were off to a special concert of Mindy Gledhill. Grace and I sat second row center and during "Feather in the wind" Grace turned to me and whispered, "I don't want this song to end!" Her favorite part was probably when American Idol hopeful, David Osmond, came on stage to sing. She took a couple of pictures of him, sighed deeply as she watched him doe eyed and then insisted on calling Lexis immediately after the concert to rub it in that she just saw him up close.
A very nice evening with my special sweetheart and Almost 9 year old!
I love you, Grace!

No comments: