Friday, February 27, 2009

Truth be told.. things are rough. No sleeping and when sleeping does occur, it is at odd hours for infrequent periods. I walk around like the film-version of Frankenstein, arms out-stretched in front of me in order to keep me from bumping into things and a low moan monotonously escapes my mouth. Michael is very aggressive and his stomach is obviously bothering him. He bit the bus driver AGAIN last week, this time drawing blood. They have already completely changed the bus schedule to accommodate us and keep the other kids safe. Picking up Michael almost an hour after the other kids so that he is by himself in the van. More often than not he doesn't ride the bus because he is often sleeping at that time of day since he didn't sleep the night before. The main pre-school teacher called after school last Thursday, the same day the bus driver showed me his hand torn open by my 4 year old's teeth and said that Michael had been biting his helper, Rachel, and pulled a chunk of her hair out that day that filled his fist. She wanted my okay to be able to call me at anytime he started to get out of control and have me come pick him up. I understand the importance for keeping his school safe and I agree with that. Everyone is afraid of him. I also felt the crushing blow when I thought of the small break it gives to me when Michael does attend class.
I am trying not to complain. I am willing myself to continue to function But most importantly to have patience and time that my three other children deserve.
I recognize that now that I have complained the next question to me will be, 'so what are you doing about it?"
I have put my foot down with Verl who likes to take complete advantage of me as our children's babysitter, not as a deserving of respect Mother of his children.
I have arranged a meeting with all of Michael's teachers and therapists at pre-school for next Monday so that a better 'plan' can be put in place.
And I took Michael to the GI Doctor to beg for help with his stomach.
That appointment in Salt Lake sent us home with a "clean out" plan after waiting a hour and half in his waiting room and another appointment for an endoscopy. I am crossing my fingers this will make a difference!
Noah said it best this afternoon, when he turned to Michael seated next to him in the car and said, "You change moods back and forth, back and forth.."
Thank the heavens for Michael's smiles! Tomorrow I'll write about those.

No comments: