Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 14
April 27, 2010

Tina came by to change Michael's gtube dressing. We explained our sincere concerns about his obvious belly pain. Once the bandages were off I noticed a strange hard area to the left of the gtube. It actually felt like a piece of something. My guess was a piece of the mechanics they put inside of him but she reassured me that was not possible although she was equally concerned with the site. He took a picture of it to show the surgeon and the redness around it. When he flexes is stomach muscles a circle appears around the site which looks like the balloon that is holding that in. That is my best explanation. I told her of
my concerns that something just doesn't seem right. I sit next to him in bed for hours of the day trying to keep him from hurting himself and I just feel like something is going on with his tummy.
Dr.Meyers, another surgeon, came in later and expressed her opinion that it was very unlikely that anything was happening and that they woul continue to let his gtube rest the full week before using it.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: