Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 13

Dr Fassl and team listened to our concerns about the feedings but don't seem to be as concerned about his agitation after each feed as we are. I feel
Very strongly that something is not right with his tummy if nothing else his behaviors of throwing up whatever is put in his stomach along with the obvious discomfort when be eats are still present. These are reasons we were admitted in the first place. They are saying we Could go home as early as tomorrow and I am wondering what the heck I am missing here. Michael has been as aggressive as he has ever been. He is clenching his stomach and gassy and frankly miserable with each feed. I am having to restain him while sitting in bed with him and he has bit my upper arm multiple times in basically the same spot. I have an ice pack on it now. I was complelty unable to keep my compusure while meeting with dr's this morning as they told me they felt good about how he is doing. I am overwhelmed by the idea of trying to manage this at home by myself not to mention the fact that it has taken four nurses along with myself And meds to hold him down while placing
his NG tube. I don't understand how they can feel so visibly different about what is happening. DrSadie did become teary eyed as I cried my concerns. We are lucky to have such a good team following Michael and there help is still needed.

No comments: