Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What We Do at 4AM

So Michael is completley not sleeping these days! I WISH I knew what was happening. His medicine doesn't seem to be affecting him, the Dr's up-ed his dosage which is bewildering since he is already taking an adult size of an adult anti-psychotic. (The insurance wouldn't even cover it becuase they refused to cover it for such a small child!) But they did and it hasn't made a difference. He really just doesn't sleep! I am a walking zombie! I cry easily, feel overwhelmed with all that is being neglected elsewhere and have in turn made life more difficult becuase it seems that the only time I may have to get some sleep is in the afternoon when he is off at school which literally takes up my time to get other things done creating the need for me to finish homework, housework and the like in the middle of the night when Michael is awake. The catch 22 there? I've developed a habit of being up all night and find it hard to fall asleep on the occasion that Michael does. I am truely grateful that while he is not sleeping a huge percentage of the time he is content to play, laugh (as seen in our 4am video) and eat making this a HUGE improvement from a year ago when he was awake and really angry! How grateful I am for that!

No comments: